One of 4 dropped INTs
One the one hand I never should have doubted we would take this to the wire. On the other hand, I have had this one in the loss column ever since the schedule came out, so this doesn't hurt that bad. It's late and I have a Mad Men finale to attend to, so without further adieu here are my other thoughts:
- Adam Vinatieri
- McNabb was the same as ever, just no big plays. He is very mediocore - FO had him as the 10th best quarterback going into this week, and on a per play basis has been equivalent to Vince Young. I'll still take that 2nd round pick back......
- Colts just dominated us, but made a lot of mistakes, 5 fumbles, 3 near Manning INTs, and Vinatieri missing a FG inside 40 yards.
- Did they throw Justin Tryon out there on a kick return just to rub it in our faces that we shouldn't have cut him?
- I think we needed Fat Albert more than ever today. Yes, I know his conditioning is suspect, but how about the fake injuries? I am dead serious when I say that a couple fake injuries might have done wonders for our D.
- I am tired of hearing that our defense isn't awful, because it is. Bend but don't break sounds okay, but keeps our offense off the field. This business with us being good in the red zone is likely fluky and a trend that won't continue given that our defense stick all over the rest of the field.
- Make no mistake, Peyton Manning is the best player in the NFL. In addition to just being good throwing the ball, his excellence in calling the offense and protection means that he literally makes every player on his offense much better. Addai seemed to have a nice game, but that was because Manning's passing forced the Skins into nickel/dime D, and only then was Addai deployed in full.
- Ryan Torain>Clinton Portis
- Silverback has played well under with some tough matchups, but the injuries and now penalties are a concern. He is going to make a run at the title of most penalized player at this rate. He's averaging more than 1 holding call per game I'm pretty sure.
- Call be a believer, but the Bears are a team we should beat without going down to the last play.