I watched this one in a bar in Manhattan, so was semi-distracted by all the other happenings and will thus keep this short. I was pretty disinterested coming into the game, 'Kitna! Grossman! It's the Redskins and the Cowboys on Fox!!' and want us to keep losing for sake of high draft picks, but was getting fired up when the comeback got going.
Sums Up my Feelings About the Season
- Sex Cannon.
- Sitting in a Manhattan bar as the Eagles came back from 21 points in 8 minutes to beat the Giants was special. I delight in other fans having to share my misery.
- Sex Cannon's numbers were about as good as any McNabb game, but I think he was slightly worse. The biggest thing I noted was a tendency to hold onto the ball too long.
- In short, yes, I think McNabb would have been the better player today for the Redskins, but the difference between McNabb and Sex Cannon really doesn't seem to be much. Also, this was Sex Cannon's first game, and one has to think that he would improve with more games under his belt.
- I might set a record for typing Sex Cannon in 1 post.
- McNabb is still a captain today? Come on man! NFL captains are fluid, and I thought the starting QB is always a captain.
- Not all of those sacks were the O-line's fault. One notable one by Ware was Grossman hanging onto the ball too long and then not stepping up enough in the pocket.
- D******* Hall still sucks. Coverage and tackling are things he does not do well.
- The Brandon Banks Pro Bowl train has come to a complete halt.
- The Tana drop was not as bad as it looked. He was off balance and couldn't really get his arms out for that one. That said, it was still a horrific drop.
- Does anybody still think the McNabb trade and/or extension were correct decisions?
- I completely forgot about John Beck's mullet, which allowed me to 'fall in lover all over again.'
- The good thing about being numb? A tough loss to Dallas doesn't hurt.